Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)

Going from Bach, to the Minimalist composers, to Segovia, and now to Tchaikovsky is evidence enough that we want to expose people to all kinds of classical music. Sticking to one period of music is foolish, as you would be missing out on sooo much good music. Our goal is to get all kinds of music out to you guys, and so far, i think we are doing a pretty good job.
That being said, I have to be honest and say that when I listen classical music, I listen mostly to stuff from the Romantic Era. Romantiscm was all about the feeling you get from the art; not so much its practical purpose. This is especially present in Romantic Music, with it's smooth, flowing, and emotional melodies that captivate almost anyone who listens.

Among my favorite works not only of the Romantic Era but of classical music as a whole is the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D Major. He combines beautiful melodies and virtuosic violin to create amazing piece and an amazing listening experience. About a year ago I had the privilege of seeing Joshua bell play this concerto live,and it was one of the best concerts I've seen in awhile.

Anyways, ill try to keep up and post every few days. This week has been a busy one.

As always, I hope you Enjoy it: Violin Concerto In D

6 Comments:

At February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for all! I love Tchaikovsky! You know "la marche slave"? It's really wonderfull! Yesterday, on france musique, french radio, I've listen Brahms opus 40 pour piano, violon et cor. You know?
Alek - Paris (and sorry for my english!!)

 
At February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"About a year ago I had the privilege of seeing Joshua bell play this concerto live,and it was one of the best concerts I've seen in awhile."
But who is the violinist here?
Thanks in advance for the answer.

 
At February 22, 2006, Blogger Joey said...

Alek,
The Brahms trio for Violin, Horn, and Piano is an amazing piece of music and I would be happy to post it if you like. I'm glad you mentioned it, since Sam and I were just talking about Brahms pieces that we could post.

 
At February 22, 2006, Blogger matt said...

The artist in the particular CD is Andrei Gavrilov. I had a recording of milstien playing the concerto but sadly i lost it. However this recording is just as good.

 
At February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Joey!
Alek - Paris

 
At February 23, 2006, Blogger Joey said...

I'll try to post it early next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home