Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)

Like Sam said, all that can be said about Johann Sebastian Bach has been said. However, I thought I might say some of these things again. Robert Schumman once said of Bach: "Music owes as much to Bach as religion to its founder." No statement could ever be more true. Bach's music is the epitome of perfection, balance and order. He wrote with a melodic genius that captivates almost anyone who hears his music. The Chiaccone from Bach's Partita No. 2 in D Minor is no exception. It amazes me that a solo piece for violin can deliver such an intense feeling of excitement and passion. If you don't believe me, click below and experience it for yourself.

I wont be posting single tracks all that often, only when I come across pieces as special as this one. Check back soon for more of Bach's solo pieces, both cello and violin. I think you will find, if you haven't already, that his music is some of the greatest ever written.

Here it is: Partita No. 2 in D-minor/V. Ciaccona

Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the classical music. My 17 year old son loves the stuff. It sounds pretty sweet coming from the Thiel CS2's and the Bryston amp. I didn't listen to it until he turned me on to it. Mostly a Jazz/Blues guy myself..

Thanks Again!

 
At February 15, 2006, Blogger matt said...

Hey youre welcome, glad youve gained an interest in it...classical music is an incredible genre and doesn't always get the credit it deserves.


However i really like Jazz/ Blues as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home